Monday, July 30, 2012

Tracing Leo

Tracing Leo by Steph Toth Kates
Tracing Leo, a photo by Steph Toth Kates on Flickr.
Nice and simple drawing lab this week - I traced this picture. I make an effort to follow the instructions - so despite my deeply held hatred of mechanical pencils - I went ahead and hunted one down and used it - who knows - maybe I would discover that they were more wonderful than I remembered. But no - I still hate them. A lot. I suppose that's valuable to know as well :) I also got some more faces done - I'm up to 25 now. I painted one of my state representatives (referencing from her reelection campaign postcard) with Toby's Crayola washable watercolors. Luckily I took a photo right away - because the next morning I found that the cats had knocked a glass of water on her and she'd washed away completely. Kinda crazy.  It was a wonky painting anyway - her right eye was floating away weirdly.  That's what I get for diving in without doing a pencil sketch to start :)

No comments: