Thursday, July 05, 2012

Four Eyes

IMG_8711 by Steph Toth Kates
IMG_8711, a photo by Steph Toth Kates on Flickr.
I've been avoiding this drawing lab for a long time. I felt like I'd payed my "copying photos out of magazines" dues in middle school and this eye in particular bothered me. I hated the way the lighting made the pupil look square. Finally, inspired by this guy, I decided to dedicate no more than 45 minute of my life to it and get it done (after all, if he can do all that in 30 minutes, I can draw a silly eyeball in 10) So I drew my basic eye outlines in 5 minutes, put on some peppy music set a timer for 10 minutes each and cranked these guys out fast. I'm glad to have them done and I'm pretty happy with them too. I did end up giving the colored pencil one an extra few minutes. All that color blending takes longer than I thought. The other two eyes are here.

No comments: