Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekly Sketches

Kids at Science City, geese at the park and of course - my own children.


Brush pen on the left (which I'm still getting the hang of - and sketch&wash pencil on the right)





In my endless quest to read all the books about making art (and thus avoid actually making any art) I picked up a copy of The Complete Watercolorist's Essential Notebook from the library.  Above are a few pages of me practicing techniques from the book.  One of my favorite bits from the book so far is the advice, "Life is too short to paint on bad paper."  I am ignoring that advice above.  That paper is only slightly better than painting on a thick paper towel.  I hate it.  But I am way too cheap to just throw it out, no matter how much I hate it.  So it stays around.

No comments: